BRP reports fourth quarter and full-year 2022 results and authorization of Substantial issuer bid
Highlights for FY22 Q4
- Revenues of $2,347.5 million, an increase of $532.4 million or 29.3% compared to same period last year;
- Normalized diluted earnings per share  of $3.00, an increase of $1.18 per share, while diluted earnings per share of $2.50, a decrease of $0.45 per share compared to the same period last year;
- Normalized EBITDA  of $416.4 million, an increase of $103.3 million or 33.0% compared to the same period last year;
Highlights for FY22
- Revenues increased by 28.5% compared to last year, an all-time record high of $7,647.9 million;
- Outperformed FY22 guidance with Normalized EBITDA  of $1,462.1 million representing an increase of 46.4% compared to last year and resulting in Normalized diluted earnings per share  of $9.92, an increase of $4.53 per share or 84.0%;
- Market share gains in Snowmobile, SSV and PWC in North American Powersports;
- Introduction of the Sea-Doo Switch, an all-new customizable modular pontoon offered at an attractive price-point;
- Returned $726 million to shareholders through share repurchase and dividend payments; and
- The Company started production at its third facility located in Juarez, Mexico, thereby increasing its SSV production capacity.
Fiscal 2023 full-year guidance
- The Company is expecting a strong growth in revenues across all its product lines ranging from 24% to 29% compared to fiscal year 2022; and
- Normalized diluted earnings per share  expected to increase by 8% to 12%, resulting in the range of $10.75 - $11.10.
Valcourt, Quebec, March 25, 2022 – BRP Inc. (TSX:DOO; NASDAQ:DOOO) today reported its financial results for the three- and twelve-month periods ended January 31, 2022. All financial information is in Canadian dollars unless otherwise noted. The complete financial results are available on SEDAR and EDGAR as well as in the section Quarterly Reports of BRP’s website.
“We are extremely pleased with our fourth quarter performance which concluded an exceptional Fiscal 22. We delivered record annual results with revenues reaching over $7 billion for the first time in our history, despite operating in a volatile environment. We continued gaining market share in the powersports industry and attained record market share in the snowmobile, PWC, ATV and SSV segments. These results were driven by ongoing robust demand for our products and our team’s ability to navigate through supply chain disruptions,” said José Boisjoli, President and CEO.
“Looking ahead to Fiscal 23, we anticipate solid growth of 8% to 12% in diluted Normalized EPS. The first half of the year could prove to be more challenging given the global supply chain volatility. We are confident we can achieve our full year guidance based on sustained consumer interest in powersports, our strong product portfolio, including new product introductions, and the agility of our team,” added Mr. Boisjoli.
“Furthermore, we are very excited to announce today that our iconic Can-Am brand is returning to its motorcycle roots with a product line-up that will be completely electric, and the first models are expected to be available in mid-2024,” concluded Mr. Boisjoli.
 See “Non-IFRS Measures” section of this press release.
Public Relations+43 7246 / 601 2202 firstname.lastname@example.org